Well, i think I've denied it long enough, I definitely picked up a low level glutening some time early last week. Where??! idk. ugh. Sorry to everyone I've been grouchy to about my joints & tummy.
Why do I suffer for an entire week before I can admit to myself sometimes that I've been glutened? We are soooo careful. We work so very hard to keep me safe. So when I can't see a distinct likely source for danger/gluten it's really hard to accept that I'm sick again because of that damn protein.
It's just really frustrating when you can't find the 'where' or the 'what' that is the culpret. At this point we're looking at things like the cart at the grocery store or the laundry based on the fact that it would have had to be Monday or Tuesday of last week.
I don't want to become an OCD-like hand washer or glove-wearer but it's hard not to when stuff like this keeps happening. I already walk around with pockets full of alcohol swabs to the annoyed gaze of family and friends. If we eat somewhere that's not at home I wipe everything (flatware, dishes or containers, table, etc.) and my hands before I open anything, touch anything, eat anything.
I'm so frustrated. And I'm in pain. My joints ache, my tummy is full of gas and hurts, and i'm grouchy. And it sucks. And it's not fair. But it's my reality. And when people act like I'm some sort of horrible person for being food paranoid, it's this pain and frustration that keeps me from caving to pressure just so that 'people will like me more.'
No comments:
Post a Comment