Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Holding In

Constant low-level glutening since we moved in last month led us to clean like freaks the last week, alcoholing everything down till no evil little gliaden proteins could possibly remain... except for the last remaining slices of bread i insisted my husband eat over the weekend (partially to remove leaven from the house for Pesah). Only i forgot later when i moved the dish from the counter to the sink that it had 'real' bread crumbs on it. I forgot and assumed the crumbs on the counter were from my gluten-free hamburger bun. And then i made some food for myself on the counter. Urgh. Glutened. again.

Have been trying not to whine to everyone like i usually do... whine about how much my bones and joints ache, how sick i am of being bloated and burpy every time i eat for at least a week, how much i hate the diarrhea/ constipation cycle that follows me for a week or two afterward. I have kept my whining off of fb. I didn't mention anything to anyone at my MiL's Seder monday evening. I've even tried to limit the 'whining to the husband' part that he usually endures like a champ.

But damnit, i'm having a rough time. I hurt. I'm starving and nauseous at the same time. My emotions are all haywire. My brain isn't working right; it's like thinking through sludge. I HATE THIS!!!

I know in a week or so i'll be fine again. I know in a month or so my digestive system will be back on track, too. I know i just have to hang in there, wait it out, keep trudging along in the mean time, but i'm having a rough time of it and needed to put it down in words... somewhere. even if it's here where no one is likely to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment